Choosing a flat for parents by the distance to the health centre, not the beach
My parents are 74 and 77 and they are moving from Madrid to Torrevieja this winter, and the criterion that decided everything was not the sea view.
It was eleven minutes. That is the walk from the building we chose to the health centre, measured by my father, twice, in August heat, because he did not believe my phone. The pharmacy is closer. There is a bench halfway, which sounds like nothing and is not nothing.
I went through https://alegria-realestate.com/ for the Torrevieja and Los Balcones pages for most of the spring and sorted everything by that single number first, then by everything else. Ground floor or lift, no exceptions. Three flats survived.
Since this group is people who work with older patients every day: what else would you put above the view? I have heard bathroom layout and step-free entrance, and I would like the list from people who see the consequences.

